Biomass Waste Streams
BC Bioenergy Network supports the development of electricity, heat and valuable fuels using biomass from organic materials, including wood waste, agriculture crops, animal manure, food waste and all forms of municipal waste.
Multiple conversion technologies apply in the development of biomass waste streams, including biochemical or thermochemical conversion, anaerobic digestion, aerobic decomposition, combustion, densification and gasification.
Our Value Streams
- Using by-products from solid wood processing to produce energy.
- Using by-products from the pulping process – including waste treatment systems – to produce heat, power and biogas.
- Harvesting of biomass and its densification as fuel inputs for a variety of energy processing systems.
- Collection and utilization of landfill gases.
- Reclaiming heat and biogas from municipal wastewater treatment systems.
- Utilization of municipal solid waste to produce heat and power.
- Using animal waste and crop residues to produce heat and power.
Learn more about our biomass projects.