Pilot and Full-Scale Technology Development and Demonstration Projects
Since 2008, BC Bioenergy Network (BCBN) has invested $16 million in 18 projects, representing a total project value of $108.5 million. This financial support ranges from grants, to loans, to private equity.
BCBN seeks out projects which meet the following criteria:
- Potential for significant environmental benefits, especially reduced greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions;
- Innovative technologies deploying best-in-class, first-time in BC technologies;
- Pilot to full-scale commercial facilities;
- Likely to be replicated in BC and/or export markets;
- Partnering with other strategic private and public stakeholders; and
- Regional diversity with representation from different parts of BC
Projects may utilize technology:
- Developed in British Columbia; or
- Successfully deployed in other jurisdictions but not deployed in British Columbia
- Typically 10 to 30% of total project costs;
- Grants are considered for projects that demonstrate more innovation or commercial risk with huge potential; and
- Loans or convertible loans are utilized where the commercial risk is less and warranted where superior returns are probable
BCBN is a bioenergy champion capable of recognizing promising projects, identifying leverage potential and supporting resources, people and partners for successful deployment.
Learn more about our Pilot and Full-Scale Technology Development and Demonstration projects.