Education and Advocacy
BC Bioenergy Network (BCBN) takes an active role in developing the bioenergy and bio-economy sectors through education, knowledge sharing and advocacy.
Between 2008 and 2013, BCBN sponsored over 60 conferences and workshop events in BC, contributing over $350,000 in direct financial support. BCBN has also helped attract major world-class events to BC, including the Global Methane Initiative Expo.
Beyond our many outreach activities, BCBN has supported specific skills development and educational initiatives, including:
- Five district energy and community energy workshops around BC;
- A Bioenergy Scholarship at the University of Northern British Columbia; and
- The Student Biotechnology Network in the Lower Mainland
Advisory, Networking, and Liaison Services
BCBN helps projects secure funding and proceed to implementation. These efforts include:
- Connecting promising technologies and solutions among project proponents;
- Helping funders, investors, and regulators better understand the opportunities in bioenergy deployment;
- Actively participating in stakeholder conferences, consultations, and initiatives to assess and promote bioenergy’s important role in the integrated bio-economy
Realizing the full promise of bioenergy means ensuring a new generation of British Columbians can find new ways to create greater value from BC’s abundant and diverse biomass resources.
Learn more about our Education and Advocacy initiatives.